A deficiency in many vitamins can lead to various health problems, such as fatigue, low energy, several diseases, toxicity, and permanent neurological changes. With the help of B12 Shots, an IV Nutritional Therapy, these deficiencies could be addressed in multiple ways since these two play a crucial role in helping the body function correctly.
Since the human body cannot make B12 on its own, we need to source it from supplements or food sources. It is a significant part of the DNA synthesis and the metabolism of both amino and fatty acids as one of the eight B vitamins. This metabolic activity means that without proper absorption and consumption of B12, the human body can’t metabolize carbohydrates and fats.
On the other hand, IV nutritional therapy is commonly used for its wide range of health benefits, including anti-aging, improved immune system minimized anxiety, reversed symptoms of hangovers, and more. Although many may believe that nutrient deficiencies aren’t so common anymore, many individuals are still not getting the essential nutrients our bodies need to perform optimally. Since it’s administered through IV, the results may be faster than oral or other traditional medicines.
What Are The Benefits Of B12 Shots and IV Nutritional?
For B12 Shots, the following benefits include:
- Eliminates Anemia
- Contributes To Healthy Bones
- Boosts Energy
- Enhances Beauty
- Promotes Healthy Eyesight
- Aids fetal development during pregnancy
- Fights depression, cognitive decline, and dementia
- Helps reduce fatigue
- It helps regulate hormone production
- Improves metabolism
- Improves sleep
- Lowers risk of coronary heart disease.
- Treats diabetic neuropathy
For IV Nutritional, the following benefits include:
- Boosts Energy
- Detoxifies the body
- Enhances the immune system
- Helps prevent illness
- Decreases artery plaque
- Combats chronic fatigue
- Improves hangovers
- Reverses symptoms of malnutrition
- Assists with age management
- It helps treat Parkinson’s disease
What Are The Types of B12 Shots And IV Nutritional?
- Methylcobalamin- An active form of B12 type that is also known as Cobalamin, which naturally exists in the body in a Methylcobalamin form. It also works with many enzymes to synthesize amino acids, produce red blood cells, repair DNA, and assist other important physiologic processes.
- Adenosylcobalamin- B12’s another intrinsic form required for energy metabolism present in every cell. Although Adenosylcobalamin and Methylcobalamin are listed as distinct forms of B12, it should be noted that the body can interconvert between the two compounds.
- Hydroxycobalamin- Bacteria normally produce a natural type of B12 in the digestive tract from food sources. Hydroxycobalamin is a supplemental B12 that is engineered in the laboratory by isolating it from micro-organism cultures. Thus, Hydroxy-B12 is readily converted in the body into the active forms of Adenosylcobalamin and Methylcobalamin.
- Cyanocobalamin- A synthetic form of B12 contains a cyanide molecule that provides stability and prevalence. The amount of cyanide in Cyanocobalamin is approved by the FDA for use since inconsequential to cause harm and toxicity.
- Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for the human body, must be obtained from an outside (dietary) source as it cannot synthesize internally. Its continuous supply is needed to maintain good health. Otherwise, long-term deficiency, as we know from historical evidence, can lead to scurvy.
- Vitamin B-12- Another water-soluble vitamin that the human body cannot synthesize internally goes by Cobalamin. Vitamin B-12 plays a primary role in metabolism and plays a crucial role in forming blood and the normal functioning of the brain and nervous system.
- Glutathione- A tri-peptide and an important antioxidant that helps prevent damage to cells from free radicals. Glutathione is also actively involved in iron metabolism and the synthesis and repair of DNA, proteins, and other biochemical reactions.
- Magnesium Sulphate is commonly used as a pharmaceutical preparation of magnesium and is more readily known in common parlance as Epsom Salts. Magnesium sulphate is given intravenously or as an intramuscular injection to treat eclampsia with evidence supporting its vasodilatory capabilities.
- Calcium Gluconate- According to the World Health Organization, calcium gluconate is a mineral supplement that is one of the most important medications needed in any basic healthcare facility. Calcium Gluconate has been widely used as a form of calcium in treating hypocalcemia or low serum calcium levels in the blood as an intravenous solution. A vitamin D deficiency most commonly causes such low levels.
Who Are Good Candidates Of B12 Shots and IV Nutritional?
For B12 Shots:
- People with gastrointestinal issues
- aged over 60 years
- Vegetarian or vegan people
- pernicious anemia
- Helicobacter pylori infection
- celiac disease
- Crohn’s disease
- a history of gastrointestinal surgery
- pancreatic insufficiency
- some hereditary conditions that affect the vitamin B12 absorption
For IV Nutritional:
- If suffering from asthma
- Has congestive heart failure
- People with chronic fatigue syndrome
- People with UTI or Urinary Tract Infection
- Those with chronic depression
- People with fibromyalgia
- Has seasonal allergies
- Those with sinusitis
- Has an acute and chronic viral infection
- People with dementia
- An athlete who needs faster healing and recovery
What Are The Risk of B12 Shots and IV Nutritional?
For B12 Shot:
Since the risk of toxicity or overdose is low, there is no upper limit for vitamin B12. However, some people might experience the following side effects and must need to seek medical advice if issues persist or worsen:
- mild diarrhea
- itching at the site of the injection
- mild diarrhea
- a swelling sensation in the body
- temporary itching of the skin
If anyone experiences difficulty breathing, hives, and swelling, they need emergency medical help. They may be experiencing anaphylaxis, which is a severe allergic reaction.
Here are the known side effects of Intravenous Nutrient therapy include:
- bruising at the injection site
Systemic complications such as an allergy to a substance can occur, but this is rare and associated with using a solution containing preservatives.
Vitamin B12 is essential in several health aspects, including heart health, brain function, and the development of DNA and red blood cells. The same goes with IV Nutritional Therapy, which can help if you don’t get these essential nutrients. Let ReNu Aesthetics & Wellness help you relax and unwind while receiving IV Nutritional Therapy and B12 injections.
IV Nutritional Therapy will provide the body with essential vitamins and nutrients for several days, instead of just hours, without causing a crash and providing long-term energy! ReNu Aesthetics & Wellness provides a variety of IV drips to help you gain energy and more.